Photos are really precious to us, as it helps us remember good old days those we still cherish the most. Don't you still remember those school days? I know you really do. But, have you ever had imagined if those photographs are lost then what will you do. This may happen to any of us as the digital storage media can get corrupt due to any reason and the most precious thing of yours will get lost.
But the good news is that even if the data on the storage media is lost it is not permanently gone if some precautions are taken. As we all know that the Mac hard drive will not overwrite any data on the previously existing file until another file of the same size created to take its place. But, still we don't know till what time the images is safe in there and won't get overwritten.
Mac is now a days a mixture of all media enabled devices and this is what we like the most about Mac. It has a blend of devices like memory card slots, USB ports, and more. But, these media connections as well as the media themselves can turn out to be problematic at times, and this can lead to photographic, audio and video files loss.
We can avoid such storage media data loss by operating the media carefully, But for that we should know what all can cause data loss:
Reasons behind Photo loss
- Removal of the media files from then source device while it is on.
- Formatting the media accidentally like SD, MMC and other memory cards
- corrupt file system of the memory card
- While turning off the camera if Anomalous error occurs
- While connecting memory card to Mac if the Memory card error occurs.
- If the device becomes unreadable due to corruption on media.
- Once you know data loss has occurred, just turn off the camera and remove the memory card from it.
- Store the memory card in a dust free & moisture free place at room temperature.
- To avoid overwriting of the data on the card stop using it right away.
Now it's safe to use the photo recovery software on your Mac.
Photo recovery Mac software has the capability to recover image formats like JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, BMP, JP2, INDD & PSD. Once the photo recovery software is installed on the system just look out for the device on the software browse section and scan the media. All the lost images, video and audio files will be listed, click on the image to preview it, if the quality of the photo is same as original or not. Then recover the files.
I would like to recommend that firstly you should check if the software will work for you or not. To check this you need to test drive it, using the evaluation version. If it shows the preview of the files you want to recover then you should go for the software.